Your support makes a huge difference
Now more than ever, veterans rely on us and we rely on our supporters. Demand for our services has remained high throughout COVID-19, and with many events cancelled last year, we need your help to raise vital funds so that we can continue to provide our life-saving mental health treatment to veterans.
Who we help
Combat Stress is the UK’s leading charity for veterans’ mental health. For over a century we’ve been helping former servicemen and women deal with issues like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression. Today we provide specialist treatment and support for veterans from every service and conflict, focusing on those with complex mental health issues.
- During the year our Helpine received almost 15,000 calls
- Over 3,000 veterans were helped by our charity in the last year
- 76% of veterans taking part in our six week PTSD Intensive Treatment Programme saw significant improvement in PTSD symptoms
- 32% of the veterans we support have served in two or more conflicts
When a veteran is having a tough time, we’re there to help tackle the past and to help them take on the future. Your money makes a huge difference to the lives of the former servicemen and women who turn to us for support.
- £45 Could pay for an online 1:1 Art Therapy Session
- £66 Can cover the cost of an online session with a psychologist
- £210 Could pay for a veterans online appointment with a psychiatrist
- £500 Last year 15,000 calls were handled by our helpline. £500 could keep our helpline open 24hours